Thursday, September 22, 2011

Introduction


Hi my name is Laura Offe, I am a Graphic Design major. This is my senior year of college but I still have two years left till I graduate. I love art, I mostly love making art. I draw and do photography and most recently my new passion is graphic design. I got my associates in Fine Arts in Sheridan Wyoming, and then I transferred here to get my Bachelors in Graphic Design. So needless to say I have already taken art history classes but Central does not except them. So I am very glad there is an online class for me to take, reason being I can't stand being in another three hour lecture class about art. Don't get me wrong I love art and I love looking at art and talking about it, but I don't want another lecture class. That being said one of the main things I wish I could have remembered and retained from my art history classes is the names of the artists the paintings that I really enjoyed. We also learned lots about different cathedrals and it was really interesting for me. I loved looking at the cathedrals and saying one day I would love to see that in person and be able to tell people the story behind them. My old art history teacher gave us a lot of background to the art which I really enjoyed. I am really hope the class will be like that in some ways because it would make thing interesting for me. Over all I am pretty excited for this class, I am excited to see some amazing pieces of art again and get a second opinion. It is also a nice change to be able to blog about what we think and feel, instead of having a seven page paper at the end of the quarter. So thank you for that! :)
~Laura Offe

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I'm glad that you are excited about the blogging aspect of this course. It is also nice that you have a foundation in art history already. We will be having videos lectures in this class, but you will be able to watch them at your own pace (instead of sitting in a lecture hall). Hopefully you will enjoy that flexible aspect of the class as well.

    I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That last comment was from Prof. Bowen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally okay with watching the lectures on my own time. haha I just didn't want to sit in a lecture hall for three hours and be forced to focus on art, when sometimes I really didn't want too.

    ReplyDelete